Progress in the Studio-Counting Coop



 I never know...though I like to think I know a whole lot in life but every time that attitude comes around I end up flat on my behind...lol...EGO will get you every time.  So I like to stay open as much as I can in inspiration, words or a simple stranger says something that really hits home.  

I've been follow Lisa Call for some time off and on and as she's growing as an artist and coach I find inspiration in her journey that correlates with my own...and Affirmations is a biggie.  When I read here email, Don't forget Love .  I'm flashing back to Julia Cameron's few exercise about Counting Coop, (Ku) but the really meaning was to carry a Counting Coup Stick and try to touch their enemy in battle, not hit them but touch them and come back and share the story and then be honored with a feather...these feather would be accumulated and made into a head dress...now this is from reading on the internet..so don't quote me on it.  

So bring to Julia Cameron's books of The Artist Way and Lisa Call...what I'm gathering is, we are going to find some one to run around after us to let us know we are doing a good job and That'a Girl so we have to do it for ourselves but not with EGO...In stead with a sense of accomplishment and encouragement.  Take a reflective honest look at what we do and even if it's just a small step it further along then we were the day before...and that will add up to a whole lot of small something to equal a bit Something.   

I'm delighted and gitty about the progress, that is happening in the studio...some time back I had a vision...lol but I did have a idea bout creating more of these War Ponies and well the challenge is on to complete this piece..



Here is one that is part of my totem series...which gave me the idea break out of the comfort of the square and make a rectangle piece..

Here is the progress...all ideas exceeding my expectation now it time to trust and listen for the next steps...below is the Earth Prayer that is under the rich rusty brown stained tissue paper, you can't read all of it which is OK with me because I feel this prayer has been said while I was placing down and for what ever reason I feel it's open now for all that come in contact with it...crazy I know but where it's coming from at this point. 


Earth Prayer 
Grandfather, Great Spirit, once more behold me on earth and lean to hear my feeble voice. You lived first, and you are older than all need, older than all prayer. All things belong to you -- the two-legged, the four-legged, the wings of the air, and all green things that live.
"You have set the powers of the four quarters of the earth to cross each other. You have made me cross the good road and road of difficulties, and where they cross, the place is holy. Day in, day out, forevermore, you are the life of things."

Black Elk Earth Prayer (1863-1950)

Comments

  1. What a wonderful approach. I am guilty of beating myself up too much, and this seems like a nice way of reversing that tendency. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts