Connecting dots...

Yesterday I put this in action....

From Kent Nerburn- Simple Truths

For most of us, the search involves a grinding of the gears as we slow from hurried to quiet to still to peaceful. But it is worth the struggles.

Slowly, inexorably, we emerge into the ultimate quiet of solitude. We are in a place where we are beyond thoughts-where we hear each sound and feel each heartbeat; where we are present to each change of sunlight on the earth around us, and we live in the awareness of the ongoing present life.

In awareness the whole world changes. A tree cease to be object and becomes a living thing. We can smell its richness, hear its rustlings, sense it's rhythms as it carries on it's endless dance with the wind.

In solitude silence becomes a symphony. Time changes from a series of moments strung together into a seamless motion riding on the rhythms of the stars. Loneliness is banished, solitude is in full flower, and we are one with the pulse of life and the flow of time.

The awareness we experience in solitude is priceless for the peace it can give. It is also the key to true loving in our relationships. When we have a part of ourselves that is firm, confident, and alone, we don't need another person to fill us. We know that we have private spaces full of goodness and self-worth, and we grant the same to those we love. We do not try to pry into every corner of their lives or to fill the emptiness inside ourselves with their presence.

My thoughts....as I walk in the woods all the time I personal experience something that I've found to be needed as much as all the rest of the basics...shelter, food, water, warmth etc. It does give me time to know thyself and be in a presence of something bigger to be open and aware of more that that hurried-ness that society has trigger in us to be so important.

I know that not all will everyone get it but when bring this experience back into my artwork it may not be seen like one would be thinking..some times the work is more expressive in ways that are hard to look at or face. Or colors so bold they control your presence in a way that will make you turn away but for me it matters but really doesn't matter... Ramblings but word that are sing true to me.

Being in solitude is so different then walking alone...the attitude is so different.  I looked at the map and said to myself...let's go girl all the way to the #1 path marker.  I had to walk mostly on the side of the path because the center section has been heated by the warm of the sun and then cooled down again a sheet of ice in some places..So thankful for the walking poles.  My feet where doing some funky movements as they twisted a bit more then straight path walking.  It was exciting and small risk to see if I could do on the cool January day. Ramblings of thought circled but then the quieted down to nothing.  I became present to the moment and in awe of all that was around me...though color was more of the neutral hues of browns I came upon a feel that head tall grass stems...loaded and I could see this hue all the way around...it was so honest to truly real I could feel it. if that is even possible...its like in the fall when the maple leaves on some turn this beautiful shade of yellow...so grateful I can see color.  Well as you can tell I'm a bit if wind bag this morning...but I'm going to take my solitude with me and today and see what happens as I present a demo at the reception...it may come out and through or might just say safe in my heart.

Can you tell I'm fighting for my own pace on this path of life...be it balance that I'm really seeking with myself with a gentle swaying. Where's the connection? it's coming you'll see...

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts