Naperville Riverwalk Fine Art Fair today

Well I'm feeling my ages....after two weeks ago with setting up and taking down all the tents from the Outdoor Studio Exhibit and now setting up one tent...it's sad to say it took me about three hours.

Carting in then having to move the vehicle and come back and start. Got my top and up when the legs and turn around and I've got people walking under the tent and through....and then wind picks up and I'm a bit afraid something will fall...mom, stroller, baby and another women....I said excuse me...and the lady said Oh no your fine.....I then said lady you best watch out walking under tents today things can fall on you....

I continued setting up as best I could and got some weights on the corner of the legs to keep the tent from possibly lifting up....Started to put my mesh sides on....can hear my husband complaining that this design for the tent is ass backwards...and I continue a there was a moment that tears started to fall...Self talk time....Laura pull yourself together....you can do this...About five minutes later and pass the moment of tears I get a elder come by and he pulls out his ear buds and asked me...Is it all worth it?   Yikes....I'm thinking that same thought myself....

With gratitude that it wasn't raining and that the winds died down some what and got all my sides on and mesh walls up....if some thing happened I know that other artists would help me but not to much we are out there taking our own risks and doing it setting it up...We know we are doing a tough job and need to find our security in our little 10 x 10 space as fast as we can and get the weights on things...

I must have had about 5 people walk by me on the Riverwalk asking what was going on....I was so surprised that they are informed....another man stated this looks like it's hard work....and I responded quickly with Yes it is...very hard work...

If it sounds like I'm complaining...I have to say yes some what and also no one is making me to do this. Fine Art Fairs....that is, it's my own choice but it's getting harder and I'm hearing other artist hurting body parts and having to have shoulder work etc done....Yikes I don't want that...shoulders are still working but for how long don't know...I could hire someone to help me I guess...all my family is working and well my husband helps take down and I remember the blessing I received when it was a Sunday at Riverwalk about three years ago and it poured down rain on a Sunday at closing and all of my family came to help...here we are 6 people in a 10 x 10 tent there to help me bring my art regalia home....I was hit with a overwhelming tough at my heart...but it's they are not always available so I'll be doing some thinking this weather months if I want to continue... I know three gals from my art tribe that have stopped doing outdoor fairs and one that is having a hard time financial so things change....

It's my last outdoor Art Fair this year so going to put forth all effort and give it my best.


Comments

  1. Laura, your strength of purpose is wonderful. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for you support dear Jo...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts