Hear your Heart....


Creating art....self expression....sing off beat to a song....planting a little garden....creating a wonderful dinner in the crock pot...all from listening to your heart, inner knowing, true north, good orderly direction.

Embracing all parts of ourselves and loving it all. 

Me...I'm a gatherer, always have been from young age..things, big and small were needing to be picked up and that was a calling I answered early on. These objects of pure inspiration were given comfortable storage  in a place, pocket, shelf or pile. I spill out on my morning pages all the things that I'm trying to make sense about and seek guidance to what would be the best approach to handling it. Life and all her wonderful gifts...some acceptable some not but gifts all the same. 


From the book, (received in my email this morning ) Comfortable with Uncertainty Pema Chodron - female Buddhist monk. 

A big burly samurai comes to a Zen Master and says, "tell me about heaven and hell."

The Zen Master looks him in the face and says, "why should I tell a scruffy, disgusting, miserable slob like you? A worm like you, do you think I should tell you anything?"

Consumed by rage, the samurai draws his sword and raises it to cut off his master's head.

The Zen master says, "that's hell."

Instantly, the samurai understands that he has just created his own hell - black and hot, filled with hatred, self protection, anger and resentment. He sees that he was so deep in hell that he was ready to kill someone. Tears fill his eyes as he puts his palms together to bow in gratitude for this insight.

The Zen master says, "That's heaven."


Staying open to what comes in after pouring out on the morning pages is very exciting to me...I never know what will come form short meditation readings...book reviews and life experience that are present or have passed.  


Tomorrow I will introduce the Book, Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh...any one that would like to find their copy off the shelf and pull it out, read along or discussion  with me...please do.

Inspiration is all around us it's how we receive it with grace or distaste that matters. 

As an visual artist, my awareness tuned into this Raw (real, awesome, whole) Inspiration traveling in cycles, circles and spirals.



From artists Doris Olsen read her artist statement... Her website....I stumbled upon it as I Google image for Moon shells...connections made, Her statement, I  found it to be so beautiful and real....looking forward to starting the Gift From the Sea....These are my favorite shells...Moon Shell. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for support, interest and viewing my inner life with my outer life on this Blog. Wishing you many creative blessings and peace to you and yours,
~v~Laura

Popular Posts